A window into my mind!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I've created a monster!

Knock On Wood (knocking on wood)

But I'm going to try to give a good update. Everytime I open my mouth, something seems to happen. Taz has had normal poops since Friday. We are hoping that the worst is over and that it will be smooth sailing from now on. In fact, he's starting dry kitty food today.

But he's become a little terrorist! He zooms all around the house, chasing you and biting your feet. He loves to rough house, and since he doesn't have any brothers or sisters, we're his playthings. I just have to be careful and watch because I'm scared Binx will get too rough with him, and he's still so little. He's at that cute but annoying phase, but he has slept the last two nights all the way through. I guess he's too exhausted not to. :) Boy does he have energy, he's like the energizer bunny, he keeps going and going.

Ok, are you ready for the news I promised a couple of days ago? We bought a new car!!! With gas going up, we needed something a little better on fuel, especially with all my trips to Burbank lately. So right now, we have four vehicles. I'm getting ready to try selling our 92 Mustang though, so then we'll be down to three. I never wanted a car with only two doors, so when we had to decide which one was going, it had to be that one! I don't know why Mark even bought it!?! I guess it was supposed to get him to work on days when his car-pool buddy didn't go, but for the past 6 months, I'm the one who's been driving it. So now, we have the new one, and my 95 mitsubishi (which I LOVE) that needs to have work done, and of course our 96 Chevy truck for all the rough stuff. My goal is, to sell the Mustang, use the money to pay off my personal loan, and then to start putting money into my mitsubishi. That way, she'll be my primary car for things here in town, and then whenever we need to travel, we'll use the new one. Mark wants me to get rid of my car, but I'm really sentimental towards it, and sort of superstitious I guess.

That car loves me! Right after we bought it, Mark stopped by this place to look at a little pickup truck. When he got back into the car, she refused to start up for him. After a minute or two, she started up and it was over a year before we had any other problems. I used to drive daily to work which was a 45 minute drive. I decided that she needed a rest, and I needed to save money, so I started taking the bus to work. The first day I took the bus, Mark took her to work and she died on him. He had to be towed to his job's garage (which was a car dealership). The bus thing didn't last more than a month, so I started driving her to work again. Then I decided to quit work, and Mark started car-pooling with his friend (because he started working at the base I had just quit from). On my birthday, he decided to drive her to work so that he could leave early, and on the way home, she died on him. The only time she has died on me, was when her battery went dead. She kept trying to tell me it was happening, but I was hoping I could get home first. All of a sudden she died and I had to coast down the road a little bit. I was able to turn down this side road, and I wanted nothing more than to get up this little curb. I asked her to please start one last time, and right then, she did. She gave me enough juice to get up the curb and died again. I had to be towed home, but I was safe and that's all that matters. She is also the car that I talked about in the "creepy" thread, where her passenger tire kept going flat and we found out that the driver tire was practically bald, after which when it was replaced, the one that kept losing air mysteriously stopped. So yes, I feel really close to that car, and I just can't part ways with her. Sooner or later, I'll be driving around in an antique!

Antique 1

Ok, so back to the new car. It's a Suzuki Aerio, and drives like a dream. It has a really cool muffler, so when you start it up, it purrs and sounds like a little race car. Plus I love the black on black look (tented windows). I'm very happy with it. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Songs


Counter