I was finally able to blow my nose yesterday. You never know the things you take for granted, until you can't do them anymore. Today, I can cough almost half way to capacity. I'm able to get in and out of bed without having to hoist myself up, and I can walk almost at normal speed. I just can't stand for a long time, and my back is killing me from sleeping on it.
I am happy to say that as of this morning after I ate breakfast, I have lost 12 pounds since last Thursday. My eating habits are really weird, but I hope that it's a good thing and it will give me motivation after I heal, to lose weight. I get hungry constantly, but can only eat a little bit at a time. I guess my hormones are trying to go back to normal and my metabolism is in high gear. I also haven't had a soda in a whole week. Yippee. Not by choice but because I can't handle the carbonation yet. I hope that will become a habit!
Sleeping is still strange too. I stay up until midnight, sleep a few hours (4 or 5), and then wake up and watch TV for an hour or two. Then I go back to sleep for another couple of hours. I can't seem to break that habit yet. I feel oddly rested.
I also long for a shower! They told me that I can shower anytime, but they also STRESSED the importance of keeping the incision as clean and dry as possible, because the moistness can cause bacterial growth. So for now, I am sponge-bathing and Mark has to help me wash my hair in the sink. Ugh! And my hair is STILL in a braid. I stopped wearing braids when I was in 6th grade, and it's been put in one everyday since surgery. I feel like such a dork, but at least I'm tangle free. :)
Every day is getting easier though, and overall, surgery was no where near as scary or hard as I thought it would be. I still wouldn't do it, just to do it though. ;)
A window into my mind!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
June
(22)
- A Message by George Carlin
- Things are looking good!
- Don't you hate that!?!
- Shouldn't be doing this!
- Evolution of Dance
- Lessons from the Geese
- Taz growing up
- Since surgery
- Pictures of my ordeal
- They thought I died!!!!
- Friday is almost here...
- Kindness in the most unusual places
- The battle inside us all...
- Stressful times
- Nothing new happening
- I came down with this last year!!! Watch out, any...
- A week from today
- Thoughts on Love
- This is some shitty weather!!!
- Just devastating...
- I've created a monster!
- I'm beginning to hate...
-
▼
June
(22)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment