A window into my mind!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

This is some shitty weather!!!

All I see when I look outside is dirt. Gross! There's nothing worse than stepping out the door and getting pelted with sand. And to top it off, I'm wearing a sweatshirt. Ok, what gives? This is supposed to be June!!! That usually means HOT weather. Don't get me wrong, I hate the heat and I am enjoying the coolness. But dang, The wind needs to stop so that we can enjoy the outdoors.

On a sadder note, the baby birds have all died. Yesterday the one that kept jumping out of the basket made his final leap. The parent birds were going crazy for about 30 minutes, and then when I looked out, I saw he was out of the nest. I went out to put him back "again", and he refused to let me catch him. He ended up going right under my black car, and a cat ran out from under the white car that was right next to it, grabbed him and took off. I feel horrible, like I helped murder him. I chased him right to his death. Stupid cat! I went to the nest to check on the other two, and there was only one in there. We searched the yard high and low, but couldn't find the missing one anywhere. My guess is that the cat had already gotten it and that's why the parent birds were throwing that fit. So I had high hopes that the parents would take care of the last little one. This morning I went outside and the parent birds were nowhere to be found. I knew right then that he'd be dead. Sure enough, I look in and he sure was. It's so sad! I feel like maybe I should have brought them into the house, and at least tried. But I truly felt the parents would still care for them because they were still protecting them. Oh well, it's too late for regret now. But dangit, those stupid kids next door are to blame for these three babies dying. It's not fair!

No comments:

Songs


Counter