Yesterday, Mark and I went to buy him a new TV. First of all....there was nothing wrong with the one we had...it was just one of those old ones, where the back of it is huge. Mark's been wanting to upgrade (so that he has a clearer picture when he plays PS3), but I just didn't see a reason for it, since ours was still working and in great shape. I'm one of those people who doesn't need the new best of technology stuff, especially if nothing is wrong with what I already have. There's more important things to spend money on in my opinion. It took me forever to get online, and that only happened because my brother got a laptop. Then it took me forever to get a digital camera, because my 35mm worked just fine. So of course, I couldn't make any sense of getting a bigger, better TV.
BUT Mark's spoiled. In fact, we both are. One of the perks of not having any kids I guess. Horses are expensive, infact, more expensive than I ever thought they would be...even with being as little as they are. I always feel guilty that they're an ongoing expense, so I guess that's why I went along with this madness of getting a new TV. So we went to Best Buy. We spent forever looking at the TV's, and we decided that we were going to get this 37" flat screen. Then I decided why not go all out, and buy the 50" $2,100 one? So we were standing there looking at this beast, and the picture is suppurb. In fact, that's the only reason I was willing to go with that one. So then Mark blurts out..."You know it's not going to look that good at home, right? That's showing BluRay."
Big mistake!!! I'm willing to upgrade the TV, but not our DVD's just yet. So I told him that we needed to go back to the 37". We waited forever for someone to come and help us, and that's AFTER asking someone for help. Two girl employees walked right by us, laughing to each other, but never asking if we needed anything. My mom and brother finally went hunting and found a guy. Of course they didn't have the TV in stock. They also wouldn't set one aside for us, when they did get them in stock, unless we paid upfront right then. And they weren't willing to part with the floor model. We were not happy to hear that after waiting over 30 minutes for someone to help us. So right in front of the guy, I said "We'll just go check out Circuit City."
And that's what we did. I swear not a minute after stepping into their store, a girl came up to us and asked if we needed help. In fact, the whole 30 minutes we were there looking, we had employees hovering over us, anxious to help. I don't know if they get commission, but they did a great job of customer service. We had every one of our questions answered, and they were willing to price check for us (to compare with other stores) almost all the TV's. We found the same 50" TV there, and I feel bad because Mark really wanted it. I just couldn't see the need to spend THAT much money on something that isn't even going to look any more spotless than the others. BUT I do have to admit, I was a lot more cautious of the quality of the picture than Mark was. I wanted a wonderful picture if we were going to spend the money. So finally, we were down to two TV's. A 42" plasma and a 42" HDTV. We decided to get the HDTV.
It barely fit into the car...the 50" would have never come home with us! Then when we got home, the TV fits perfectly ontop of our wall unit. It's a good thing we didn't go any bigger. Mark stayed up till midnight putting it up, and it's like being at the movies. I think I'm in love with it just as much as he is. :) And the old one, made it's way to our bedroom, so that we can lay in bed together and watch tv. I'm glad we bought it because it made Mark happy...and isn't that what life's all about?
A window into my mind!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
March
(31)
- Gads!
- He's driving me insane!!!
- This weekend brought up bad memories
- OH.......my gosh!
- Red lights
- Happy late easter!
- Plan on going on vacation?
- :(
- Geeze
- Movies
- Oh damn!!!
- Wonderful Silence
- Love at first sight
- Don't try this at home....HAHAHA
- Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!
- We'll be leaving...
- Tomorrow's the day
- Falling out of love
- Well it's a windy, cloudy morning...
- Stupid MySpace!!!
- Helpful website
- Waiting...and waiting
- Using
- Tip for the day
- Breeding like....rabbits
- He makes me laugh!
- Loyalty
- It better NOT be true!!!
- UGG!
- Damn...it's out!!!
- "Kissed by the death angel" by SMV
-
▼
March
(31)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment