A window into my mind!

Monday, March 24, 2008

Red lights

We went out driving, and the sun was setting in the distance. Two red lights were flashing high above the earth. They beckoned to me as we got closer....I knew these lights, they belong to the radio company, recieving and sending out airwaves.

Memories start to slowly come back to me. Years before, I was spending the night at a friend's house, there were 5 or 6 of us young girls. We were listening to the radio, singing and playing around, when a broadcast announced that a band we had just met, were at the radio station. In our girly haste, we struggled to get a ride to the station, calling everyone we knew. Finally we found a ride, but we were informed that one of us wasn't allowed to go. I offered to stay behind with her, and I was relieved when she said that she didn't want us to miss out on the fun.

We had a fun night that night. We were able to talk with the band and ask them questions on the air. We were floating on cloud nine, so to speak. The next day, and I have no idea how, my friend's mother told us, that she knew that we had went to the station. It turns out that our fun night out, had some consquences. It seems like it happened only yesterday, but it was a memory long forgotten before the calling of the red lights. And while I do regret that my friend got into trouble, it was a night I wouldn't change for anything.

No comments:

Songs


Counter