I bought Draco in March of 2004, as a wedding present for Mark. I went shopping in Los Angeles with my friends Bridget and Crystal (the same trip where we saw two homeless people fighting over a shopping cart), and we saw a mexican guy selling birds, frogs and lizards on the street corner. Of course he didn't speak english (or so he pretended), but he did get the point across that the lizards were $15.
$15 dollars? How could I go wrong with only spending $15??? She was small, cute and better yet, a vegetarian. I hate feeding crickets to pets!!! Mark had been wanting a lizard, so shoot, why not? On the way home, Draco kept hissing at us. She knew immediately that she didn't like me, of course I would learn that later. We were flipping through the radio stations, and when the station was on a spanish station, she settled down. So we joked and said she only understood spanish.
Mark of course really liked her. I on the other hand, learned right away that we were not going tobe friends. And that $15 to buy her? Has turned into more than $1,000 just for her current cage and assessories. She still hates me, and she whips us both with her tail every chance she gets, but once Mark touches her, she loves to be petted. Weird.....
So because Bridget asked about her today, I thought it fitting that I post pics.
This was her first small tank that she outgrew when she was a year old. After it, we put her in a bigger glass cage, until she was around 2.

Notice the small wire cage on top of the glass one? That cage is the cage she road home with us in. We had to special order the enclosure she's in now, and that same wire cage is in front of it.



1 comment:
Oh my goodness... She has gotten crazy!!!! lol... IIIIYYYYIIII
Post a Comment