A window into my mind!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rocking...and a...Rolling

Ok, so who all felt the earthquke we had??? I was sitting here IMing my friend in Long beach, and watching my brother fill his cereal bowl, when all of a sudden, everything started moving. The windchimes started to sing, and the stove started rocking back and forth (it's as tall as the fridge). My brother was standing right in the middle of the stove and fridge, and I told him to hurry and move. He didn't feel the ground shaking, so he just looked at me dumbfounded. I blurted out "we're having an earthquake". He didn't feel it. I could feel it from the time it started, clear until it stopped, and it seemed like it lasted a long time.

Turned on the news and it was a 5.8, about 90 miles from us. Thankfully we're in the desert, so even when we have a local large one, the sand seems to move easily, causing less damage. I can't imagine what it's like in Los Angeles with those huge buildings all around, and the whole city being on cement. Geeze, when the San Andreas fault goes, a whole lot of people are going to die. It will be like the ones they have in Japan, if not, worse. So anyways, I haven't felt an earthquake in quite some time. Guess the earth is just reminding us that it's still active. I think right now is a good time to start adding to our emergency kits. ;)

No comments:

Songs


Counter