When I was a child, there was this building used as a mortuary in town. I guess it had been the town mortuary for YEARS. About 15 years ago, they switched the mortuary to another location (by the cemetary) and this buiding has been vacant off and on since. Whatever business goes in, does not stay there for long. I have heard stories that an outbuilding (to the side of this one) is haunted, but I can neither confirm or deny that.
Anyways, the business currently in there is a wedding chapel. Yes...a wedding chapel. Can you say gross!?! I remember seeing my great grandfather in a casket, at this place...and now people gather there to watch people say their vows? Geeze! Why the business couldn't pick a better building is beyond me. Anyways, since this wedding chapel has been there...whenever Mark and I drive by it, I always comment that people who get married there are crazy!
Open mouth, insert foot. I just found out that a couple in our family are renewing their wedding vows, and of all places, they chose this place to do it. Now, I have several problems with this. First off, they only got married a year ago, in a chapel in Vegas. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T THEY WAIT IF THEY WERE GOING TO GET REMARRIED A YEAR LATER????? Everyone was there, but they didn't wear a dress or tux, or have a best man/woman, and now they want to do the whole thing right. O...K... Again...why didn't they wait (or just do it all the first time)? A year is NOT that long to wait! Especially when they already failed to do it before a grandparent died. Anyways, as "Dear Abby" says...no one's obligated to give gifts for a second wedding, so whats the point in having it??? It's not like they can be any more married than they are, or have the "before wedding" parties. It's not even like they went from tacky Vegas wedding to a nice ol' place. An old mortuary?
I have a feeling that I won't be attending this wedding even though Mark was asked to be the best man. I love the couple getting married, but there is another family member that will probably be invited, and well, I refuse to be around her anymore than I have to be. It's hard to explain, but long story short, she murdered her child and tried killing her infant child, did 10 years in an institution and is out amongst us. I think it is fucking crazy that family members act as if she did nothing wrong, and even worse, they allow their children to be around her. Isn't that considered child endangerment? I lost a lot of respect for the parents who chose "her feeling involved" over "the well being of their children".
I swore when Mark and I got together that I would never have anything to do with her, and out of 9 years, I've seen her three times (once at the hospital when a family member was dying, at the funeral, and at this couple's wedding last year). I've already witnessed them getting married, and I don't think I should have to subject myself or my safety to being in the midst of a murderer. I even refused to attend another wedding because she was going to be there, and if that couple sees that I attend this couple's wedding for a second time? They may disown me. Oh well...
A window into my mind!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
July
(33)
- They ARE smarter than me!!!
- Kinda creepy!
- Mark's Birthday...
- He thinks he's a "Smart Guy"
- "The woman and the fork"
- And here I thought he was getting fat...
- Rocking...and a...Rolling
- I'm just irritated
- Vegas baby!
- DRUM ROLL please....
- I AM A BAD FRIEND!!!!
- Beauty is not cheap!
- A truly wonderful day!
- I hope...
- Awe...just beautiful!
- Just for Bridget...
- Dang, "Mafia Wars" sucks!!!
- All about the girls!
- He's such a big boy now!
- Yesterday was a nice day
- AHHHHH....Running around the house screaming!!!
- Go see it!
- Ahahahahahahaha!!!!
- WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!???!!!
- I wanna be able to do this!!!!!!!!!!!
- A nice visit
- Must be a wonderful butt!
- Family drives me crazy!!!
- Fireworks anyone?
- Jumping up and down in excitement!!!!
- As Tony the Tiger would say...."That felt Geeeeer-...
- This is what's wrong with the world!
- I wish money grew on trees!
-
▼
July
(33)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



1 comment:
i would never put my children into that danger either. i was with mark for a couple of years and i had meet his sister while she was locked up but they had never told me why she was in their. once after they had revealed to me the reason she was in there i refused to go see her.
yes she was very nice and i really liked her but i was upset at the fact that she took another life neverless the fact of her her own child. and the fact that they just brushed everything under the carpet is not dealing with it.
but yes you are very well entitled to you own opinion and your feelings even if they are family you don't have to like them nor be around them especially if they murdered someone.
i got married in vegas it was last minute and i didnt have a white dress but it was for me and him and i loved the facted that he didnt need this big old thing just me. we are gonna renew our vows but in 6 more years cause this year will be our 4th wed aniversary. but if the shit is haunted fuck that i wouldnt want to be cursed lol.
i just hated the fact that his sisters took him to get his clothes for the wedding and they got him a tux. i was in the bathroom crying for about an hour before the wedding. but even with that i still wouldn't want to renew our vows a year later. talk to me after you have been threw the shit me and him have been threw and if you are still married then renew your vows.
love ya and i need to take some writing eta kit classes or something hehehe
Post a Comment