I see it way too often...everyone says they want to see more of it in the opposite sex, in friends, in their jobs, in the government/politics...
But the truth is, not many people can handle the truth. That's why we lie to others and tell them that we love their new clothes, they look great with their new hair style, that their spouse is in the wrong...it would hurt others if we told them our true feelings in a lot of cases.
Hell, I'm the first one to admit it...I don't want people to lie to me, to spare my feelings. If I ask for an opinion or I vent to someone about my problems, I want them to tell me what they think "honestly". I love and admire when someone is honest. If my ass looks fat in my new jeans, I want Mark to tell me. Better that, then to go out in public thinking I'm the shit, and people are laughing at me. It just so happens that everything makes my ass look fat, so if Mark tells me "no", I know he's lying. :P
What good do lies do? If I can't tell my spouse, friend or family member my opinion, then something is wrong. I don't feel like I should have to walk on eggshells with those I love, to spare their feelings, so they don't think I'm saying something out of spite. Yes there is a nice way of being honest, but 9 out of 10 times, even saying it in the nicest terms will offend someone, if they don't agree. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has them. It doesn't mean that they are right or wrong, they just are what they are. If someone is bitching to me about something or looks hideous in their new clothes, I'm going to tell them my take on it. I'm not putting a gun to their head and telling them to follow it or else.
I've always been the friend that others come to, to confide in. They know I love them, I'll be honest with them and help them the best I can. I just get so irritated by those that say they want people to be more honest, yet they themselves, can't handle that honesty. Could we all live our happy little lives, if the politians started being 100% honest with us? And what is it with those who can be brutally honest with you, not caring if they leave scars in their wake, but the second you return the favor, they get upset? Honesty works both ways!
Moral of my ranting...if you want honesty, you have to take the good with the bad! Not everyone is going to see things the way you do. And be careful what you wish for, because one of these days, you may end up coming across someone who is brutally honest.
A window into my mind!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
January
(25)
- Wowza!
- This works!
- What the F#$% !?!
- Burrr....it's cold out there
- Battle of the sexes
- Wind, wind, go away!
- Little escape artist
- Who does she think she is???
- The Lost Dr. Seuss Poem
- What a sad day :(
- Today was a blast
- Damn, I can't do it!!!
- HAHA...groomer I am not!
- Ah poop!
- I'm engaged :)
- Those eager beavers!!!
- Honesty?
- Once you go black, you never go back!
- A day of destiny
- To diet or not to diet?
- Oh well
- I'm Back!
- Oh hum...
- Can people really change?
- First entry
-
▼
January
(25)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment