A window into my mind!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Who does she think she is???

I just saw this on another blog, and I have to say that I am absolutely appauled by it!!! Just a little background...this woman belongs to a church of about 100 members, and they believe that anyone that is not a member of their church, is going to hell. One of her "11" children, recently stopped going to the church, and she said that he is no longer her child, and that he will also go to hell when he dies. She has videos on Youtube, where her and other members of her church, picket funerals of fallen soldiers, saying that they died because the US condones homosexuality. This is not about the sin of homosexuality, this is about hatred towards those who are different.

http://media.smh.com.au/?category=Breaking%20News&rid=34892

How can someone be so uncaring towards others, and say it's in the name of their religion? Yes, I do understand that if you believe in God's word, then homosexuality is wrong. I too, believe that it is against God to be homosexual. HOWEVER, I also believe that God is the only one who can see into someone's heart, and make the decision for himself, of whether someone is bound to go to "hell" or not. I mean seriously, I have several friends who are gay, and they are far better people, than a lot of the Christian people I've met. Who's to say that their love and kindness towards others, isn't just as, or more important to God, then the wrong-doings of his followers? Who someone loves, or who they sleep with, is no one's business. I could never live with myself knowing that I judged someone because of who they love.

In a way, we are all attracted to the same sex, even if it isn't sexually. What would make it so a woman says "She's really pretty", "I wish I looked like her" or "Gosh, what does he see in her"? (Men do it too, even if they don't admit it!) What is it about someone else, that makes it so we can say whether they're attractive or not? There's some kind of appeal there, same with the opposite sex. I can say "He's ugly" or "He's HOT!", without wanting to jump a guy's bones too. I think Carmen Electra, Angelina Jolie, Brian Walker, and David Beckham are all gorgeous people! But I think that natural red-headed people are the most unattractive people ever (sorry!). It doesn't make me gay, it's just what I'm attracted to.

I believe that God is the ONLY person who can pass judgement onto others. How can this woman condemn a person she knows nothing about, other than the fact that he was a "fornificator" and played a gay man in a movie? I too was a fornificator, as is a whole lot of people in the world. Do I feel that this one sin will damn me to hell, even though I've made it a point in life to help others in need, and to be the best person I can possibly be? I don't know. Only God knows if the good outweighs the bad. I can hope for eternal life and do the best that I can to try to reach it, but I can't will it to happen. Maybe that one sin is enough to damn me forever. No one really knows what their fate is, until they die. I'm certainly not going to say that I'm saved, if I haven't actually heard it from God himself.

I'm not really a religious person, in fact, I've always felt more spiritual than religious. But does that mean that I'm not worthy of God's promises? Not to preach, but as someone else recently said....God does not hate anyone. He may hate the acts, but does not hate the person. God "hates" fornication, but in the bible where the woman, many believe to be a prostitute, washed Jesus feet, he rebuked the man who ridiculed the act, and told her that her faith had saved her. No where does it say she is hated.

The woman who said such horrid things about Heath Ledger, and makes it a habit to picket people's funerals, should have more respect for the dead. God's main message to us, is to love our fellow man, even if he does not live a virtuous life. God tells us to pray for forgiveness for those who have not asked it for themselves. Why would he tell us to do that, if he had no compassion for those people? How someone can hate others and call them horrid names, and say it's in the name of their religion, completely dumbfounds me. She needs to seriously sit down and read her Bible, and the parts where it talks about forgiveness, acceptance, passing judgement, and love. :(

We are accountable only for ourselves, therefore, we should only worry about our own actions. If we ourselves, are not perfect...then how can we pass judgement onto others, who are also not perfect???

No comments:

Songs


Counter