A window into my mind!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What the F#$% !?!

(Banging head on desk VERY hard!) I definately understand how so many people are dying during surgery, have the wrong leg operated on or removed, or are given the wrong medications...It seems like no one is compitent, yet they hold everyone's lives in their hands. :(

I am beginning to HATE my doctor's office. I get nothing but the run around every single time that I call and no two people there knows what's going on. My doctor seems smart enough, but his staff? Geeze...I wouldn't count on them to safely find their own way out the exit door in a fire (with a HUGE exit sign in bright neon colors flashing above it, with an arrow pointing downward). My doctor told me flat out that he was referring me to Loma Linda hospital and all we had to do, was wait on the approval from the insurance company. I get an approval back, but it isn't for Loma Linda, it was for a CT Scan and an ultrasound to be done at our local hospital. My doctor's assistant told me that I wouldn't be having the surgery down at Loma Linda after all, that it would have to be done locally, and in order to get that approved, I had to have the testing done first. O...K...so I go in to the hospital the day of the testing, and the receptionist needs a work order from my doctor. She calls them and they say that they didn't request for it to be done...that my other Physician did. I know for a fact that my Physician had no clue about it until I told her that the specialist was requesting it be done.

So the receptionist had to call my physician, which agreed with me that she did not request it. So back to the doctor's office she called. Now, they said yes they did request it, but the doctor wasn't in. An hour passes and he shows up. They told her that he had the work order signed, and that it needed to be done, because LOMA LINDA requested it to be done before they would even consider me for the surgery. HUH???? I was just told that I wasn't having it done there!!!

Anyways, the testing was done and that was that. Monday I called my doctor to see if the results were in. The woman on the phone told me that they were there, but that I had to wait for the doctor to come in, take a look at them, and then give me a call. What that really meant was that I would never hear from him and I'd end up having to call daily to try to get a response. I gave it two days! I haven't heard anything back from anyone, so I just called his office again. The girl told me that the results aren't back yet. ???????? At this point, I'm getting upset. I told her that they were in on Monday and I was only waiting for the doctor to take a look at them and then contact me. She pulls my chart and says "I'm sorry, but you have nothing in your chart". (Insert devil angry face here). So when I hung up, I told her that I'll be calling back tomorrow and every day after, to see if they're in.

His office staff has NO idea what the hell is going on. Where did he hire these people...straight out of Jr. High? No, scratch that! I know 13 and 14 year olds who have more common sense! Gosh, with their stupidity now, just imagine what it will be like in another 10 years, when todays youth are running the offices. I shutter at the thought! And my life is literally in this guy's hands. He can't even hire decent employees who have a shred of knowledge about what's going on in his patients lives.

Alright, taking my high blood pressure medicine right this minute, popping a couple of advil, and leaning my head against the wall. :(

No comments:

Songs


Counter