A window into my mind!

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Today was a blast

We took the horses over to Mojave Narrows today. It was wonderful, even though the wind was starting to pick up and it was a little nippy. We don't haul the horses very often, and they stressed a little, but they had a good time too. Lots to see!

We left home around 11:45, and got there a little before 1:00. Then we took them out of the trailer and they immediately drew attention from onlookers - both horses and humans. I nicknamed the big black "Diablo" because he bit Gideon. Mean thing! But man was he gorgeous.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We took the horses by the lake, met some children, and then ventured onto one of the trails that led into a forest of trees. We walked around, let the horses nibble here and there, met some riders who thought we were walking big dogs, visited an old house that had fallen [we teased my mom that she was lucky that it missed her when it landed :) ], then we headed back to the lake. We visited a small stream, saw some wildlife, then walked the horses over to meet some of the other park residents.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This big girl had a huge crush on my brother. She kept asking him for kisses. :)
Photobucket
Then the horses got to meet more of their kind...ponies.
Photobucket
This guy is one of the reasons that I wanted to get horses so badly, when I did. We went to visit him as much as possible...bringing carrots as a reward for being so nice. :) He's a stud, so he's off to the side, all by himself. Man, if only I could have fit him into the trailer too!
Photobucket
Photobucket
After a couple of hours, we loaded up and went to buy a bale of hay. Wow, for one bale of Orchard, I paid just a little over $19. :( Boy am I glad that I only have 2 little horses, and that this bale will last a couple of months. We finally made it back home and everyone is tuckered out. The horses were glad to be back and I couldn't wait to get on my comfy clothes.

No comments:

Songs


Counter