Luis (our farrier) came out to trim the horses hooves yesterday. Let me just say that Luis is a really nice guy, and cute in a "married with kids" kinda way. I've known him for about a year and a half now, hard to beleive that time flies by so quickly. But it's always ackward when he comes out to trim them. If Mark is there, then Luis hardly talks to me, and I feel like I get Mark's evil eye whenever I ask Luis questions. But if Mark isn't there, then Luis asks me questions and it seems a lot less stressful for everyone. Not that I blame Mark, Luis and I both share a love of horses, and that's something he just doesn't understand...although he loves "our two horses".
It hasn't really been too bad, Mark seldom makes comments about it, but you can just feel the tension whenever Luis is around. Yesterday ended up throwing us for a loop though. Luis works as a trainer at a local Thoroughbred racing ranch and farriers in his freetime. They have about 40 horses there in training. Well out of nowhere, Luis tells us that we should come out and visit the ranch. I asked him if they get a lot of visitors and he said mainly on the weekend. That's when Luis doesn't have to work. I saw Mark inhale, then he said calmly "Maybe we'll do that one of these days". That means that he was just being polite, and has no intention of going for a visit! I on the other hand, would love to go out and be surrounded by all the horses. I guess I'll just have to give it a week, and then ask Mark if he wants to go. :D
I actually think it's cute when Mark is jealous. I spent the first few years of our relationship, being the jealous eyed monster. He has seldom showed jealousy, but when he does, I think it proves to me that he does love me. :)
A window into my mind!
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
February
(31)
- Madea said it best...
- What is your purpose in life?
- Long 3...(4?)... days
- Friends are like balloons
- Some pictures
- It's the weekend!
- "Who am I?" by SMV
- All I can say is....WOW!
- Ah jealousy...a splendid thing!
- It's times like these.....
- Who saw it???
- "Rain" by SMV
- Saying goodbye
- Technology...everything it's cracked up to be?
- Woot Woot!
- Lost Feelings
- Three wishes
- The Art of a Good Marriage
- How to tell if you have smelly feet
- GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING
- And then it is winter....
- I've been tagged!
- Cure for a woman's low self esteem
- Words to live by
- Could this be right? :)
- Just some thoughts
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- It's been 8 days already???
- Hallelujah!!!
- Just venting
- I amaze myself!
-
▼
February
(31)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment