A window into my mind!

Friday, February 1, 2008

I amaze myself!

Everyone who knows me, knows that since I was a teenager, I've vowed never to cook. I never had the patience to stand in the kitchen chopping and mixing things up. I even gave Mark fair warning when we became an item, that he would not get too many home cooked meals, unless he made them. I've always been one of those "If it's frozen, I can warm it up" kind of people. I have ate fast food so many times, that I literally shutter at the thought of eating out (unless of course it's Quiznos). Come to think about it...no wonder why I'm fat. :P It's not that I can't cook, it's that I don't wanna cook. I'm somewhat picky, so anything that dealt with raw garlic, onion or peppers was out of the question, wasn't gonna touch them, no way no how. And celery? My mom had to stop cooking with it when I was 7 because it's smell made me get really horrid headaches. I've steered clear of any celery ever sense, unless it was well cooked.

Then about 3 months ago, I got the crazy notion that I wanted to make home made meals. I collected about 400 easy recipes (thank God for the internet) and slowly but surely, I've started cooking. There's only been one meal that was gross, but it was the recipe....not me. ;D I just made stir-fry, and I impressed even myself. It was the all time best stir-fry I've ever eatten, and I even stood in the kitchen for over two hours preparing it. I've even began cooking with everything (onions, peppers, garlic). I even went against my better judgement and allowed Mark to buy some raw celery, which I cut up about four nights ago, to put in my homemade veggie soup. The smell still bothered me a bit but no headache. It's a miracle!!!! :)

Wow, after 27 years, who would have guessed I'd take this up? :]

No comments:

Songs


Counter