I've been gone for a while, but I had no idea it was over a week since I last visited here. Wow, does time fly by or what? So...where do I begin?
As of the last I heard, I have officially been referred to Providence Saint Joseph's Hospital in Burbank for the surgery. Just waiting to hear from the surgeon. I'm beginning to think that I may have to call and ask my doctor for an extension of medical leave. I was hoping that by this time I woul dhave been well on my way to recovery, but I guess time wasn't with me. BUT this month off has allowed me to catch up on rest, and do a lot of research. I can honestly say that I think I have been able to combat most of the pain, so long as I'm able to relax at the earliest signs of discomfort. Being at work doesn't allow me that priveledge, so I end up suffering.
Hmm...I had lunch, or I should say Dinner, last Friday night with a very dear friend. It was wonderful to see her and catch up in our lives. I met Margaret at Sizzlers at 6 pm, and we sat and talked until 8:30, even though we just picked at our food the whole time. She is the sweetest person you could wish to know, and she's the reason I survived working in Hell. Haha, inside joke! Margaret was my immediate supervisor when I worked out at Youth Services, and we became pretty good friends. I was one of her favorite employees, so of course, that made work a lot easier for me. ;) I lost touch with her for a while, but after only seeing each other once in a blue moon over the past 3 years, we've finally rekindled our friendship. I've gotta be honest, I don't have many friends anymore (well besides all my peeps on the internet), but no one that I run around with (seems like that keeps me out of trouble anyways). Mark and I are best friends, and truthfully, it's hard to go out and do things with other people, although I know it's good for both of us. But we do EVERYTHING together, so alot of times, it feels ackward to be without him. But having a woman to hang out with is awesome. Mark wasn't too heartbroken over a night without me either....him and my brother went to the movies.
We found out Saterday, that my brother's cat has diabetes. It sucks because Wicket is his pride and joy. He was told that he needs to put him on insulin, but my brother doesn't want to leave in him the vet's for several days, so that they could monitor him and the right doses to give him. Especially since the vet said that if he is given too much, he'll die, and if he's given too little, he can go into insulin shock. That didn't go over too well. So now, my brother is trying to feed him a raw diet, to see how that works. I've read wonderful things about it online, but it's one of those things where if it isn't successful, then he'll have to start the insulin anyways. But it kinda urks me because I did hours apon hours of research online about the feline diabetes, and everything said to stop feeding cheap dry cat food. I stressed this to my brother, had him read it for himself, and he said that he would do it for Wicket's health. I come over today, and guess what's in his food bowl. I give up!
Draco isn't eating too much either right now. Every winter she does this, but I think this year has been the worst. I think it has to do with the weather changing, but for all I know, she might be getting ready to lay eggs. I hear they starve themselves before doing that.
I had to go and have a root canal done today. That was fun! :) But I think that's pretty muchly all that's been going on. Oh wait...I did go to a health food store yesterday and bought some supplies to boost up my immune system. The sad thing is...I actually like the flavor of the stuff I bought. I got some Aloe Vera juice, and some Noni/Goji/Mangosteen/Acai juice, and some probiotics. Who would have thought that I'd become a health nut??? Before you know it, I'll be doing yoga and sipping herbal tea. :P
A window into my mind!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
February
(31)
- Madea said it best...
- What is your purpose in life?
- Long 3...(4?)... days
- Friends are like balloons
- Some pictures
- It's the weekend!
- "Who am I?" by SMV
- All I can say is....WOW!
- Ah jealousy...a splendid thing!
- It's times like these.....
- Who saw it???
- "Rain" by SMV
- Saying goodbye
- Technology...everything it's cracked up to be?
- Woot Woot!
- Lost Feelings
- Three wishes
- The Art of a Good Marriage
- How to tell if you have smelly feet
- GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING
- And then it is winter....
- I've been tagged!
- Cure for a woman's low self esteem
- Words to live by
- Could this be right? :)
- Just some thoughts
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- It's been 8 days already???
- Hallelujah!!!
- Just venting
- I amaze myself!
-
▼
February
(31)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment