A window into my mind!

Friday, February 22, 2008

It's the weekend!

I forgot to tell you all about my weekend last weekend. Mark and I spent the whole three days out with the horses. It was beautiful weather, and we had a wonderful time.

Saterday, we created a device so that the horses could pick at hay through out the day. These guys are pigs, and if I threw them a flake of hay, they'd have it eatten within 20 minutes. They mainly eat pellets and I wanted to reintroduce hay into their diet. So Mark came up with this idea.
Photobucket
Then Sunday, we let the horses out into the arena area and they got to stretch their legs and do a little bit of grazing.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Monday, we put up automatic feeders. Those things are expensive!!! We got two, and they were $400 apiece. Mark told me I should buy them, so that when I have my surgery, no one has to worry about being home during the day to feed them (as long as someone checks on them morning and night). They are awesome, but I haven't gotten to use them yet. I'd prefer to personally go out and feed them, but it's nice to know that they are there just incase something comes up. And now, we can go out of town and not worry about being home by a certain time. It's hard to get away, to go out of town.
Photobucket
Mr Smarty Pants learned that the food comes out of the pipe, and he ended up ripping off a cord on one of the feeders, so now I have to replace it. :( They're always getting into everything! It's amazing that they get such joy out of simple little things. Gotta love em.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I'm hoping the weather this weekend will be nice because I'd like to go out and spend some time with the horses again. But right now, we have rain clouds in the sky, and gusty winds. Hard to tell on a day to day basis.

No comments:

Songs


Counter