I don't know why......
Last night while I was in the shower, Mark came in and told me that there was a puppy in our yard by the street. I told him to go out and get it before it got hit. A little bit later he came in to get some gloves because he said it was either sick or hurt. He lifted it up, and it appeared to have a displaced shoulder or it was broken because the puppy could not stand on his front two legs. By the time I went out, the puppy had dragged itself under Mark's car. As soon as I went out and started talking to it, it wagged it tail against the ground. But it wouldn't come out from under the car. I sat out there and watched it, and it would drag itself by it's hind legs. It didn't appear to have any scratches or visible signs that would prove it was hit by a car, but it's front end was definately messed up. I figure that it must have been 3-6 months old, and looked like it had pit in it (which isn't odd for this area). Poor litte thing, I tried to coax it out from under the car with food, and it wouldn't budge. I threw some pieces of food under to it, and it was definately hungry (which is odd if it's in a lot of pain). We waited about an hour to see if anyone would come or yell for a dog, but no such luck. I shown a flashlight at it, and I could tell that it's one eye was bright red, which meant that it could of had internal injuries. We ended up deciding to call animal control because something was not right with him, and if he was sick or suffering, we couldn't do much about it. He kept whining when he tried to move, so I know he was hurting or having a hard time.
We waited an hour and a half for animal control to show up (around 11:45pm) and she said that he'd be taken to a vet, but most likely they would end up putting him down. That makes me so sad. I wish there was something we could have done for him. Had it only been a leg, we would have tended to him, but when it appeared that it was his whole shoulder or chest area...I just can't take on a helpless dog right now. The thing that gets me, he kept barking when our dog would bark, and he had an appetite. And he thumped his tail like he was happy. It's just so sad that he got out of his yeard or people were letting him run it. I thought there was a posibility that he might have fallen out of a car and landed wrong, but wouldn't his owners come back for him? I hate seeing people do that with their dogs. They think it's cute...but if you drive down the freeway, you see lots of little dogs that look like they fell out of the window. I had a friend who's puppy jumped out of the window and broke his leg. When will people learn? don't leave your window open enough where a dog can jump out!
A window into my mind!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
May
(54)
- Not much, but thought I'd drop by...
- The A-Z of friendship...
- I've got a stalker!
- He's home!!!
- Gas is crazy!!!
- "Wake up call"
- Keeping my big mouth shut!
- The clone wars
- The Answer Lady, Oh My God!
- For those who take life too seriously...
- Clouds are gone, but it's still raining!
- Death of the Pillsbury Doughboy
- What a day...
- Poor guy
- Emergency Kits
- Today is...
- Patriotic churches?
- Update
- Second best....
- Yesterday was a very bad day!
- Intentional cheating is still cheating!
- Awww.....relief!
- Hmmm bad luck???
- As promised
- Oh yeah....
- He's here to stay!
- Thou shalt not say "No"!
- Well today was supposed to be the day...
- I hope you win!
- And there's more
- NO! NO! NO!
- Something you never want to see...
- Ever feel like this???
- Beautiful!
- My body is working against me!!!
- Yesterday was a bad day.
- Am I a target???
- I've said it before
- Pretty neat
- Today was a good day
- How true this is....
- Pictures of us
- Less than a week away...
- New meaning of having a fishy face...
- Oh...what the hell...
- Banging head on wall.......HARD!
- Whew
- I'm stressed!!!
- "Love Lives" by S.M.V.
- And they keep on coming
- Whoa
- "I Wish" by S.M.V.
- Marilyn said it best...
- I think we've all been here before
-
▼
May
(54)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment