If, or I should say "when", the government announces that it has successfully cloned a human, I can imagine the debate that will follow. My brother and I got to talking yesterday and he brought up some really interesting facts. Ok, let me backtrack a little. My mom took my brother and I out to lunch, and while we were eating, she announced that there was a broadcast on the military radio station, where the DJ said that people should realize that there's a lot of truth to sci-fi movies, and all the weird things that happen in them, like the experimenting and stuff.
Ok, so like Jurastic Park? I've always said that movie was too well "researched" not to have been attempted! I mean seriously, how can someone actually think some of this stuff up? And if it makes sense to me, of course it would make sense to scientists! It's a scary thought, what if they are indeed practicing on making zombies... I've had numberous nightmares about them, and they scare the hell out of me! I'd rather chance dinosaurs! And we all know it's only a matter of time until robots rule the world, or aliens come to destroy us.
But the guy said that scientists are actually regrowing peoples limbs, like fingers, arms and legs. It's to help the soldiers who come back from war. Sort of like how a lizard can grow it's tail back. Ok, how in the hell can you grow a limb back? That's a really weird concept. On one hand, it's exciting if science has actually gotten that high tech. What would be next? But on the other hand...how are they doing it? And if you can actually generate new cells like that, whats to stop it from overgenerating and causing all sorts of mutations or deformaties?
I'm all for science and trying to make our lives better. But where and when should those experiments end? Mankind is literally becoming God. YET we can't even find a cure for cancer? Now you know something is awefully fishy about that! Even if they had a cure, they would never ever share it because cancer raises millions apon millions of dollars every year. Ok, so now back to cloning.
I know we all have our own views on it. Personally, I think it's awesome that research has gotten that far and someday, us women might not even need men to survive. We could become a species of our own. However, I can honestly say that I love men, and I would seriously miss not having them around. :) Personally, I wouldn't want to eat meat from a cloned animal. So when they begin shelving it in our local grocery stores, I pray that they have to have a lable telling you it is man-made meat. I don't give a shit how safe the FDA tells us cloned meat is...it hasn't been around for decades, so there is no research old enough to make sure that it won't have some kind of long term effects on our health. Not only do we have to worry about pesticides, hormones, and bacterial issues, now we have to worry about cell malformations.
And that leads me to my original point of this post. My brother and I were wondering if cloned animals/humans would have a soul. Scientifically, they can think, feel and function like any other uncloned creature. BUT from a religious view, a clone is not God made. God didn't give it it's soul. So if a human is cloned, and is a decent person, how would God view it? Would he welcome it, or would he turn it away since it isn't one of "his" creations (assuming that it didn't come from a man and woman, the way God intended)? Like I said, I think there would be a very heated debate, when they come out with the first cloned human. People are against gay marriage because it isn't "what God intended". So how are cloned humans going to be viewed?
Very interesting questions...and I have a feeling that we won't have long to find out the answers!



1 comment:
just think about those resident evil movies.. that could seriously be true.. including I am Legend..
Post a Comment