A window into my mind!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Second best....

You know how parents always tell their kids that they love them equally? It's a lie. Parents are always closer to one child...it's inevitable. I grew up with my mom telling me the same thing, and until recently, I was blind to the truth. I know she doesn't try to, and she'd deny it, but she loves my brother more. Maybe it's because he's the baby of the family, or the fact that he still lives at home, or maybe it's because he doesn't have the guts to stick up to her when she's wrong. I don't know. But it's definately there.

She has always taken his side over everything. Doesn't matter what it is, or how wrong he is. It's always been that way, and it will probably always stay that way. She has this really bad habit of agreeing with me and she'll tell my brother that I'm right, then when he gets all mad and pouty, she gets mad at me and everything is all my fault. (Like I made her agree with me!) I've never really cared, because I helped raise him, and it's hard not to love him unconditionally. But I do have a problem when she sides with me initially, then changes it on me and makes me the bad person. It's not fair to me. In her eyes, I'm always wrong if something upsets him.

Now that I've thought about it, in every single family I know, I can spot the child who has their parents affection, over the others. So I assume that this is the norm. It's just irritating sometimes when I'm 27, and he's only 19. The child is coming out of me but....
It's Not Fair

No comments:

Songs


Counter