A window into my mind!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Intentional cheating is still cheating!

I seem to have a lot to post about today, lots of things on my mind. But I guess I'll start out with a movie I saw yesterday. I don't know what the name of it is, but it was on Lifetime, Oxygen, WE or one of those woman's channels.

So here's the plot, then I'll tell you my opinion on it. A married woman meets this married man on the internet. She starts to fall in love with him, and would leave her husband for him, if he was willing. Unfortunately for her, the married man is playing her along "as a friend" but is not willing to split up either his marriage or hers. She confesses her new love to her husband, just to find out a few months later, that he's been having a physical affair. She gets beyond pissed, divorces him, turns their 2 teenage kids against him, and then takes him for an ugly divorce.

Now although it was a good movie, I didn't feel all that sorry for the woman. She was a pretty big hypocrit! I don't believe in cheating but how the hell can you attempt to leave your partner, and actually tell your husband about your feelings for another person......and then get pissed when he turns around and does the same thing? They didn't stress whether or not his affair happened before or after she wanted to leave him, but does it really matter? She "would have" and "tried to" do the exact same thing, it just didn't work out in her favor. And how dare she pull the kids in and turn them against their father, like it was all his fault. She wasn't stressing to them, that she would have done it too if the situation was different.

My personal feelings are this....once you find out that your partner is wanting to cheat on you, how can you be expected to stay faithful? That's a really big ego buster right there, to know that someone wants to leave you for someone else. Anyone in their right mind would either leave that person, or try to get some of their own back with someone else. You actually find out that the woman had been neglecting the husband for years, as far as intimacy and friendship. Yet she wanted to give that to another man. I actually felt bad for her husband, and we all know what a chauvanistic woman I am (Guys suck! :P). People need love and to feel like they're wanted and needed. It's only natural that if the woman wasn't giving that to her husband for so many years, that he'd try to find it from another woman. Can she really blame him? She truthfully had no one to blame but herself. What she needed to do, was realize and own up to her own fucking faults, and then forgive her husband for his transgretions!

While this movie was probably fictional, it was definately an eye opener. People need to cherish what they have, or you just might end up losing it altogether!

*Edited to add, one of my friend's caught the ending of this movie and she loved the idea that it was the woman's fault, instead of the man's. Most of the time, the man's the guilty one. (My sexist side coming out again). :P

No comments:

Songs


Counter