A window into my mind!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I've said it before

And I'll say it again.....I have always considered myself more spiritual than religious. Religion is one of those areas where you're taught not to discuss because there are so many differing views. I am always open to discuss religion. I am open minded and I like to hear about other people's opinions and beliefs. What I don't like to hear, is someone being biased and judgemental, and assuming that their way is right and everyone else's is wrong. Unless you have literally had a discussion with God himself, you can not say that your way is "the" way. There's so much sarcasm and bad mouthing going on about Tom Cruise and Scientology. I am the first one to admit that I don't know anything about Scientology, but if it is the reason behind someone trying to find peace in the world and to be the best person that they can be, how can it be wrong? He has opinions, we all do. But why condemn him and his beliefs because you disagree with them? I can find good and bad in most religions, yet I don't set out to blasphamise these religions.

I've always been eager to learn about other cultures and their beliefs. I can't tell you how many times Mark and I have fought over him rediculing the Koran. He had no idea what the Koran really was, just who worshipped it. I have absolutely nothing against any nationality, and I can see why a culture would feel like they would go to heaven immediately by doing "God's will". Not saying it's right, but I do understand it and it's a shame that other people only see their own culture or views as being right. We would have so many less wars and crimes, if people could be more accepting of differing opinions. Things are seldom black and white.

1 comment:

PaintedPromise said...

i so hear you... we took a class entitled "Religion vs. Reltionship" and boy did that make me feel so much better, I was unhappy about not going to church but have been so hurt by several different churches that i just can't make myself go... found a GREAT bible study through the teacher of the class, non-denominational and full of people who have also been hurt by organized religion - we learn about God through His Word, not through the words of humans standing in pulpits... organized religion is manmade, not of God, because if religion was God, there would only be ONE...

hoo boy, get me off my soapbox!

Songs


Counter