A window into my mind!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Whew

Everything has been settled as far as post-op. I go on Monday, first to meet the second surgeon, and then after that appointment, I go and see my main surgeon. Both offices are being extremely nice and trying to work with me, I think I would definately recommend them to others (well...as long as everything goes good, haha). So no more stress over that.

I'm beginning to be a little leery about my family though. My mom was joking with me the other day that before I wake up fully, she's going to draw on my face and make me look rediculous. I'll know something's up if the nurses come in and they can't keep a straight face.
Clown
Then my brother was joking around with me and saying that I'm going to be like a pimp when I come home..."flying high" and making my hoes do all the work.
Shocked
And Mark has already said he's going to nick name me "Scar". I swear with loving family like this, who needs enemies??? I'm glad that they can all get a good laugh about it, because no one really wants to talk about it. Whenever it's brought up, everyone says that they're terrified and stressing over it. I think they're taking it a lot harder than I am. I'm ready to get the show on the road. I've been reminding myself, had I had it done on the 18th of last month, I'd already be two weeks healed. Then I could have had it done yesterday too. Not something I particularly care for when I'm dying in pain. And oh yes, I've been feeling the pain a lot lately. It's reminding me that I can't chicken out. The 13th is definately going to happen!!!

It's hard to think that there have been nights when the pain was so horrible, that I thought about going in and overdosing myself, just to make the pain stop. I keep reminding myself of those times, so that I will be brave before the surgery. The easiest way to explain the pain is when you get a BAD charlie horse in your leg, multiply that pain and tightening up by 5, and imagine that pain in your stomach. It's not a sharp pain that goes away. It has to gradually fade away, just like the charlie horse, but this pain can last for days. It's the worst thing I have ever experienced and it's hard to imagine that the huge incision I'm going to get could be more painful, though I'm sure it might be.

Today's been a long day so far, and I think I'm ready for a nap! See you all later.

No comments:

Songs


Counter