A window into my mind!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Banging head on wall.......HARD!

Today was supposed to be Pre-op. Went and met my second surgeon...loved her. Went to what was supposed to be my pre-op and left there furious! My surgeon did another exam, and then sent me in to talk about what needs to be taken care of before surgery. Never told me any restrictions for before/after surgery, in fact he didn't go into details at all. I insulted him and I think it made him mad. I had a list that I was told to get ready for when I went to see him. When he asked me if I had questions, I told him about the list and he asked to see it. It was meant to be ideas, so that I could ask him the way they were supposed to be worded, but my first question was "Have you done many of these?" He got pissed. It wasn't supposed to discredit him in any way, and it wasn't supposed to sound the way it came out on paper. It was SUPPOSED to be...have you done many cases like MY case? You know, so I know I'm not a freak or anything. But he took it all wrong and ended up flying through the rest of my questions like it was a joke. Not happy!

Then when I went in to talk to his receptionist, the one who sets up surgeries, she tells me that I'm going to have to have my blood taken on Friday by a local lab. Then I have to get my primary physcian to order a chest x-ray for me (and we already know how I love going through her office!), and I have to go back down to that hospital the day before surgery to do a test and screen (something incase I need a transfussion?). Never mentioned the EKG that I have to have done. And they never did any other testing today. What kind of PRE-op is that? She told me last week that they would be running tests today. Nope, nothing but the quick little exam. What was the point in me going down there??? Just to get told that I need everything to be done up here locally? Then I called her to ask about the EKG (because I was pissed by the time I left) and she never called me back. This is literally going to be the week from hell, I can feel it now!!!

On a good note, went and saw "Iron Man" yesterday. AWESOME MOVIE!!! It definately gives "Transformers" a run for it's money. I can't wait to see it again, so if you haven't went to see it, do it!!!! You won't be sorry!!!! Oh and stay until after the credits. ;)

No comments:

Songs


Counter