A window into my mind!

Sunday, August 10, 2008

"21" anyone?

I saw that movie and I was really impressed. I knew it looked good, but you know how sometimes you get disappointed? But this movie also made me a little mad. It's based on this college teacher who has 5 kids that he teaches to count cards. They set up this wonderful scheme, and go to Vegas every weekend, to cheat the casinos. Of course, he gets 50% of the cut, and it's a genius plan. With one exception...a casino security guy catches on to what they are doing, and puts a stop to it.

Now, for people who are soooo smart, they are really dumb. This movie was based on a true story, and I can't help but feel happy that they got caught. There's nothing illegal about counting cards, but it's highly discouraged. Instead of these people going to Vegas every weekend, where someone could catch on, they should have alternated between Atlanta, Jersey, Vegas, Reno, Laughlin and some of the casinos here in Southern California. I mean hello....the more you bounce around, the less likely someone is to remember you.

My mom used to date this guy names Ed. I HATED playing cards with him, because he always knew what I had in my hand. ALWAYS!!! I would sit there and watch him shuffle, and pass the cards out, and he'd never do anything obvious. And the cards weren't marked. But he would always tell me not to put this or that down, or to hold on to this or that. It was very infuriating. Then I figured it out, we played on a shiny wooden table and he must be catching the reflection as he passed them out. So I demanded that we put a towell down to prevent a reflection. Didn't work, he still always knew. I have no idea how he did it because he would never tell us. But I learned really quickly, not to play with him for too long. :P

1 comment:

Bridgizzal said...

lol maybe he could count the cards

Blog Archive

Songs


Counter