A window into my mind!

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Should have written this a long time ago...for those who read my blog!

I began reading someone else's blog a while back. Although I don't agree with everything she writes, I do respect her opinions and her right to express herself, and I found that I enthusiastically checked her blog daily to see what new things she had to say. It wasn't until months (a year?) later, that I decided that I needed a blog of my own, and so dawned "Sara's World".

I have always been a writer, and enjoyed using words to shape my opinions, ideas and stories. I express myself through my writing better than I ever could by speaking. Some people are vocal, others create, sketch, or perform...I write. And because I am a writer, I've always been cursed with hands that move faster than my eyes. I have been known many times to write something in the heat of passion and to give it to someone without a second thought. What they received was a hurtful, unedited, spur of the moment angry letter. I could never understand why people got hurt or upset, because as I said, I was only sharing with them how I felt. It wasn't until years later, that I finally realized you can't understand someone's "feelings" in words. If I attempted to explain why something had hurt me, it often came across as an angry accusation because people had a hard time reading the "tone".

It has taken A LOT of work for me to stop, re-read, edit and understand how the things I write may be conceived by other people. I have also learned not to write things to people, that I wouldn't feel comfortable saying to their face. Having my blog has actually given me an outlet to share my frustrations, ideas, experiences, joys, and sorrows, without having to restrict myself. Truthfully having it has not only been my therapy when dealing with bad things, but it also makes me appreciative of the good things in my life. It's my diary!

So basically, that leads me to the point of today's post. I have done a lot of writing, and I frequent "several" forums where writing is the only means of communicating with others. One of the most important things I can share is...we all have different opinions and ways of sharing them. Some people are better writers than others, some are more blunt or rude, others use sweet words to get their point across. But usually people only get offended when they see some truth to what someone is saying...otherwise, it's just someone's opinion for them to take or leave. I personally try my best not to hurt others, but at times, I get heated and I say what I feel, as I feel it. Like I said, this is "my world", and people have a right not to share in it. I don't feel like I should have to censor myself here.

Guys, I don't tell you to edit your thoughts, feelings or speech, so please stop coming to me about my blog. I'm entitled to my opinion and way of expression, same as anyone else. Just because I say it, it doesn't make it true. And look at it this way...if you didn't do it or say it, I probably wouldn't be writing about it!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Songs


Counter