I got the crazy idea to give the horses a bath....something they used to get weekly during summer months. They haven't had an actual bath since April when I clipped them. I just couldn't do it with not being able to bend or apply pressure. And since Gideon can get dangerous during baths, it's not like I could have someone give them one for me. So I go out there, and forgot the shampoo.
I decide to clean their water trough instead. Ick. It was all slimmy and had black and red mold growing in there. I always give it a quick cleaning when I fill it up, but I haven't gotten down in it until today. I was a little scared to use my stomach muscles, but it was fine. Took me a good hour just to clean that stupid thing. I had to empty it first by using a bucket. Then I had to scrub it out. I got tired of bending over the sides, so I actually crawled into it. My brother thought it would be funny to catch the moment in a picture. Lol. That part was actually quite relaxing because the horses started massaging my back, haha. Then they decided to come around to the front and lick my face.

Then my brother ran home and got me some shampoo. Zoey was worse than Gideon during their baths. I couldn't believe it. Gideon has changed so much since we got him. He's so trusting of us now, it amazes me. I tied them up to let them dry a little, and then we took them up to the grass for a bit as a small reward. Then they went back to their pen and got their hay. Hopefully that will stop them from rolling until they are finally dry. One can wish anyways!

(Not Gideon's best pose!)

I came home and jumped in the shower. Not that I don't love how horses smell, I just don't want to smell like one. Haha.



No comments:
Post a Comment