Just had a big scare. I was back at the horses and for those that don't know, I board at a neighbor's place. I live in a duplex, and my mom is my neighbor. We have two seperate apartments behind us, which neighbor's the horses. Anyways, I was walking back from the horses and I see a sheriff driving by really really slow. He stopped infront of my mom's house, then reversed. Then he pulled into her yard. Luckily, she was outside watering the yard.
I didn't know what to do, I've heard that if you walk up to a sheriff while they are on a call, they can arrest you because they don't know if you are going to do something or not. He was talking to my mom, and I walked up as he was reversing. She said that he was looking for one of the places behind us. I know one of the neighbor's, so I began to worry. Then another sheriff pulls up, and I have to point back to where the other one had just went. They were back there for about 5 minutes, then came back up and sat in my yard. They sat there for about 10 minutes. I couldn't take it anymore and I was really worried about my neighbor. She's from the Philipeans? and doesn't speak really good english. And her husband is older and handicapped, but I knew he wasn't home. So I called her, to make sure that she was ok home alone.
She told me that her husband has a doctor's appointment today and she was trying to reach him. She couldn't get in touch with him, so she tried to call the doctor's. Instead of hitting 411 to get the number, she accidently hit 911. She saw/heard "Emergency" something and hung up. Of course, when they called back and she told them, they didn't believe her and they sent officers out. She said she still didn't know if the officers thought she was telling the truth. But at least they showed up to check on her.
I hate that....they have 911 which is easy to dial and remember. But then they have 411, which is to contact the phone assistance place, and to call my phone company, all I have to do is dial 611. There are waaaaaaaay too many "11" numbers. It would be really easy to accidently hit a "9" in there instead of another number. Why don't they change some of those numbers, so they don't have so many problems with accidental emergency calls?
A window into my mind!
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(306)
-
▼
April
(40)
- Thoughts on the school district
- "Sick" by Shel Silverstein
- Saw this on the forum and thought it was cute
- Caffeine withdrawal.....owww!
- Empty nest syndrome
- We've got eyes!
- Random thoughts
- What's love anyways?
- It's a bad day!
- WHAT A DAY!!!
- Well I'll be darned!
- Sickening
- THAT'S TALENT!
- Holy Marshmellow!
- Can you believe it?
- I've never seen it like this before!
- Pump up the volumn
- Ick!
- As finished as we're gonna get!
- Interesting morning
- I'm so worn out!
- The magic of nature
- A distortion of Beauty
- "The Wind" by SMV
- You've got to be kidding!
- I HATE writing this!!!!!!!!
- "Rain, the soother of pain" by SMV
- Oops, I forgot!
- 100th post
- What's in your laundry???
- Wisdom
- Whoa is that a "sea" horse???
- Anybody want a cat???
- Yesterday was fun
- We have eggs!
- When all is said and done...
- Nine YEARS!!!
- What on Earth...
- Lorenzo: the flying french man
- It's the final countdown....
-
▼
April
(40)
Other awesome blogs!
Interesting websites...
- http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx
- http://www.cafepress.com/two
- http://www.helium.com/users/327161
- http://www.irisjohansen.com
- http://www.lilbeginnings.com
- http://www.reciprezaar.com
- http://www.sagebrushminis.com
- http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
- http://www.zulutattoo.com/



No comments:
Post a Comment