Hahahaha, well I guess Mark and I jumped right in to the latter one. I really didn't like him those first couple years...he was arrogant, and to be truthful, a complete asshole. But there was still something about him that kept me with him. I guess I rubbed off on him, because now, I can't find any of that Mark in him. I'm sure that I wasn't a piece of cake for him either. Our personalities clashed, and I was not willing to bow down to him. I guess we saw each other's bad qualities up front, and worked our way through them. We've grown, and become totally different people over the years. But one thing has stayed the same...I continue to love him more each day. And now, I know that he is my other half and that I would be lost without him.
There's something special in having your spouse as your best friend. We do EVERYTHING together, and still give each other space when one of us needs it. I would rather sit at home with him doing absolutely nothing, then to go out with the girls. Although every now and then, going out is fun too. And I know he's the same way...although sometimes he enjoys going fishing or out quad-riding, and since I won't do either with him, he has to go out with one of the guys. I'm just so thankful, that I was able to meet someone who I truly believe was made for me. Hopefully, I'll still be saying that in the years to come. ;)
Here's to nine whole years




1 comment:
Sara that is just too weird... i just got back from visiting my oldest and they too are 9 years together and 4 years married, just last month! what a coincidence... weird huh!
Post a Comment