A window into my mind!

Saturday, April 19, 2008

WHAT A DAY!!!

Day started out kind of slow. Found out that the horses ruined their hay holder (what else is new?), then went down town to do some shopping. Got home and Mark worked on a cart for Kip. Kip is my 15 year old dog, who has arthritis and is getting to the point where he doesn't want to get up and walk around very much. He has also lost some of his appetite. :( I hope that it doesn't have to come down to a decision of whether or not I have to put him down, because truthfully, I've always been against animal euthanization. But I am also seeing that if an animal is in extreme pain, it isn't fair to make them continue like that. I've tried all the medicines, and so far, we haven't found anything that seems to help. His back end is getting weaker, and he has a hard time walking more than a few steps. BUT when he is up, he wants to play with our 7 year old Lab. So that tells me that he still has some life in him.

Anyways, Mark came up with this idea of building him a little wheelchair, so that it can support his back end. It's such a good idea and probably one of our last chances at giving him comfort. It's nothing fancy, but he sure was able to get around. :)

Photobucket

Then, my elderly neighbor told us that a cat had kittens in a barrell in her front yard. She said that if she didn't find someone to take these kittens, then she'd take them to the humane society (which destroys newborn kittens). I do NOT need anymore cats, so I was really trying NOT to take them. I came home, called the vet's office to see if they could rehab the babies, and they told me no. I don't know of anyone who would want to take care of kittens so young, so I went over and got them. Unknownst to her, I ended up taking them back over to her back yard, where I knew their mother was. She ended up taking 3 of the 6 to another area, and after 3 hours of her not coming back, I now have the 3 left in my possession. :( Had to go back to the store and buy some formula. I could not get them to eat, so I had to have my mom do it. It's cold and windy outside, so I figured that once it got dark, she wouldn't be back for them tonight. I didn't want them to freeze to death, so now I'll be on baby duty all night. First thing tomorrow, I will be taking them back out and I hope that she'll take them. I DO NOT NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!! Damn my kind heart!!! I am trying NOT to get attached, but they are only 4 (or younger) days old. I know this because 4 days ago, their mother was as big as a balloon and I told my mom that she'd pop any day. Sure enough, here they are.

Photobucket
LOOK AT THE SPOTTED ONE!!!!
Photobucket

Let's hope that momma cat comes back to get them tomorrow.....or I don't know what I'm gonna do!

No comments:

Songs


Counter