A window into my mind!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's the final countdown....

I don't know why but when I think of my upcoming surgery date, that song pops into my head (that should be a bad thing!). I got my letter of approval from the insurance company yesterday, and let's just say that I have mixed feelings about it. No date has been set yet, but I know it will be soon. I can't wait to go on with my life, without the worries of dying in pain if I move wrong. Plus the fact that the surgeon says my biggest worries are torsion or septicemia, doesn't exactly float my boat. But I'm also terrified of the surgery and afterwards. I'm trying to think positive, and I think I'll just have to have everyone slave over me for the weeks following the surgery. :) That should cheer me up, it sures sounds good right now. Lol.

Anyways, I haven't been posting as much lately, because I've become addicted to a stupid PS3 game...."Pixel Junk Monsters". DON'T PLAY IT!!!! It will only make you obsessive. We play it on the 42" tv now, and I swear, it makes my eyes hurt which leads to a headache. But I just can't stop. I go in and pop a couple of advil, wait 10 mintues, then go right back to it. I can't stop! I finally see why guys get so into their gaming.

Not too much has happened since the last time I wrote. Yesterday made 9 years since Mark and I's first date. I remember it like it was yesterday....he picked me up from work, and we went to the movies to see "The Mob Squad". Then he dropped me off and we hugged goodbye. It took him three days to call and ask if I wanted to go out again. But don't feel bad for me, I wasn't sitting by the phone waiting. Haha. Our official anniversary is on Monday (our 9th year as a couple). It's also our 4th year being married. How time flies. It's hard to look back and realize that I've been with this man since I was 18, and for nearly 10 years. Where did all that time go, what have we done during all that time? It's weird. But I hope that in another 9 years, I'll still be able to sit back and wonder where those last 9 years went.

I guess I've been lucky in my life. I've been blessed with wonderful and loving family and friends, a man who loves and worships me (as I do him), amazing fur-kids, and I've accomplished everything that I've really wanted in life....getting horses after 25 years of waiting, and meeting Darren Hayes after a 10 year dream. I couldn't really ask for more. I can even say that I've been able to find an inner peace with myself. Then again...maybe a little more money couldn't hurt. ;)

No comments:

Songs


Counter