I followed Darren's career over the years and have collected as many of his songs (both released and not released) as I could. I have spent hundreds of dollars. In June of 2007, after 10 years of waiting, I finally got my chance to see Darren perform solo. It was magical, and there is no way I can possibly describe what it meant to me. Then in November, I got to attend an accustic show, where he signed autographs. I actually got to meet him and shake his hand. It was awesome! And a truly wonderful experience. He was everything I expected and so much more. He signed my CD booklet "To Sara, the poet in my heart, Love Darren". My brother and Mark were also there and all he signed in there's was "To so and so, Love Darren". I ended up seeing about 20 other signatures he signed to both men and women, and he only wrote the short version to them too. I feel beyond priviledged that he took the time to write something special in mine.
I had a friend of mine do a woodburn of one of the pictures I took from his first concert, so that I could treasure it always. This is the picture I sent to her....

And this is what she was able to make for me. Shawna is so gifted, I wish I had an ounce of her talent.....

I just wanted to share it with you all because I just found it on my photobucket list. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment